Diversity in Tech Symposium 2022: Advancing Climate Resilience
2022 Diversity in Tech Symposium
Thursday, March 10 - Friday, March 11, 2022
The Diversity in Tech Symposium: Advancing Climate Resilience will feature:
- A Climate Tech Fireside Chat with E. Natasha Stavros, Director of the Earth Lab Analytics Hub at the University of Colorado Boulder and Tsu-Jae King Liu, Dean of the UC Berkeley College of Engineering
- Keynote talk by Margot Brown, Vice President of Environmental Justice & Equity Initiatives, Environmental Defense Fund
- Featured panels:
- – Ag-food-tech: Feeding 10 billion in a hotter world hosted by UC Merced
- – Climate resilience and air quality: The One Health approach hosted by UC Davis
- – Getting to zero: Trends in the built environment hosted by UC Berkeley
- – Ocean innovation: Tech interventions for the health of our global waters hosted by UC Santa Cruz
- Deep-dive breakout sessions with tech companies
- Lightning talks and “two approaches” conversations with experts
- Career fair connecting participants with leading tech companies seeking climate tech talent
Who should attend?
Thursday, March 10th, 1-3pm
Meet company representatives and discover pathways into climate tech! Featuring:
CITRIS Workforce Innovation Program
Sandia National Laboratories
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
And amazing startups in the climate sector:
*Included in symposium registration.
We will be using Whova as our event platform. If you are registered, download the app and start chatting with attendees and speakers.
About the Symposium
The EDGE in Tech Symposium is hosted by the EDGE in Tech Initiative at UC Berkeley. Our flagship annual event presents the experiences of women and non-binary-identifying individuals within a growing tech sector. In addition to the panels and discussion, the event also recognizes those who embody, encourage, and promote the inclusion of women and Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) in technology through the EDGE in Tech Athena Awards.